Sunday 30 October 2011

NaNoWriMo ready

NaNoWriMo starts at midnight (local time) on November 1st.
It's currently 4pm on October 30th.
32 hours to go.

People are posting on the forums and Facebook that they are nervous.
But I am itching to go. I can't wait, I want to start now.
Whether I will be as excited and enthusiastic next week remains to be seen.
The goal is to write around 1650 to 1700 words per day to get a total of 50,000 in the space of the month.
The aim is not to have a finished novel, not to have perfect prose, not to have edited it all to bits and not to have driven oneself insane.
The aim is to have fun, write loads and be some way towards knowing if your idea can be turned into a novel.
Editing and polishing is for later.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

What do you think? Please be kind and thoughtful.