Tuesday 25 October 2011

Where am I?

I was recently watching All Roads Lead Home and heard Stephen Mangan say "If you are not aware of where you are, you are not really there".
I don't generally expect depth and profundity from comedians but I thought this was a remarkable observation.
If your mind is not thinking about the place you are in then where is it?
Sometimes it is good for the mind to wander, to explore ideas or imaginary worlds, and I would recommend such mental exercise when doing something mundane like the washing up. But if you are on a journey, in a new place or even having quiet time at home, take some time to admire your surroundings and get to know the place you are in, and make yourself really be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please be kind and thoughtful.